Monday, April 15, 2013

unbelievable.....

so it takes an idiot (or two or 100) to break me out of my writing funk, but I needed to share that I'm not happy.....
It would seem logical that I would be upset, like so many of you, about the senseless bombings that occurred today. People lost their lives, limbs and sense of security.....
we have all been plunged back into a state of "what if..."
The thing that is sticking with me...the thing that's really pissing me off, is that someone ruined someone else's day. They took a moment that should have been spectacular and turned it grey...
I work with hundreds of people....many of them have huge goals. The Boston Marathon would be the top of several lists of dream runs.....
My members have become my family.... they work hard to reach their goals. They sacrifice day in and out to get to the place where they want to be. They eat right and run and cross-train and STILL find the time to be amazing husbands and wives and parents and friends. They go to work every day to take care of the things that need to be done. But they have dreams and they work for their dreams.
And it makes me angry beyond belief that some one could take a day full of promise and fulfillment and throw it out the window.....
God bless the runners and the supporters and the families of those who were in Boston today.
Help us to be strong and to move forward....always reaching for our goals. Always striving to be the best we can be.
Congratulations on the victory that should have been yours as you crossed the finish line.........
Own it. Be proud of it. Do it again.....

1 comment:

  1. My daughter Joann and Christine Mider qualified for the Boston Marathon last fall at St George, Utah. My daughter Joann will be participating in 2014 and her friend Christine crossed the finish line today at 2:50(I was receiving her timing text alerts) just as the first bomb exploded. She was on the right side of the road(the bomb exploded on the left) and only had some hearing difficulties and was shaken up because of the situation. So thankful that her time allowed her to escape serious injury. April 2014 I plan to be at the finish line as my daughter Joann crosses it.

    ReplyDelete