Sunday, October 13, 2013

slipping in to autumn............

I love this time of year.
There is beauty, everywhere I turn. The colors have popped- red, brown and gold and
the air is crisp and clean and cold.....
Fall has always been my favorite season- there is something wonderful about waking up buried under blankets and still being able to grab some sunshine later in the day.
This year seems particularly vibrant to me, perhaps because I feel like I'm entering my own autumn.... Act III if you will.
a time to settle in to all of the good that has come into my life.
In a decade when so many of my friends and family are mourning the flight of their children or the change in their careers, I find myself settling in. I find myself appreciating my colors, my strengths and my gifts.
Perhaps I'm able to step back and enjoy because life has always been so busy for me.... perhaps it's because I pushed comfortable away and chose a new career path 3+ years ago...perhaps it's because I am able to feed off the good that happens in my world every day.... maybe it's the refocus on health and happiness....
regardless of the reason, I am grateful to be able to sit here in silence today, happy to live in my skin and to appreciate life the way I do.
I am still messy, unorganized, and scatterbrained.... but I have the very best intentions to get through the day and accomplish a great multitude of things. If it's important to me- it will get done. If not, it might happen after class ;)
Love to you all..........

No comments:

Post a Comment