Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I could scratch your back ......

...if you could help me stand up....


Yep, here we are. Day 2 of a 9 week challenge and I'm sore. Sore enough that I can't wrap my arms around my body far enough to scratch my own back!

It was a good day! I taught a group of awesome people at 4:55 and then got my own workout in at 6. I stopped in at 8:45 to make sure everything was ok and ended up being sucked into my first back-to-back workout in a long time! Taught again at noon and had a blast!

Then the pain settled in and yes, I'm sore.... my biceps and triceps are screaming at me and my lower back would like to find a new home. But I had a good time. It was the first time in forever that I wanted to workout- I mean REALLY workout. It didn't seem to matter that I'd already kickboxed, I felt like doing it again. I landed in the middle of some fun people in a class full of great people and it just worked.

But now, at 10pm,  my (ultra young) 44 year old body is yelling at me and it's making me cranky. Is there any good reason why it doesn't get easier? Is there any good reason why I should EVER quit again? The answer to both is no. I'll trudge forward, dealing with the soreness until I reach my goal and figure out how to make it the lifestyle change life and how to make exercise fit every day,  because that is what we do, right?

Here's to goals and what ever it takes to get there..... Hard workouts, good food and faith that I can acheive what I want..... oh, and don't forget friends to scratch your back.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! The "good-sore" feeling! Gotta love it!

    Glad your TWO kickboxing workouts were awesome today! Way to g.s.d.

    Tomorrow is another day, another day to make it your own!
    A quote I think goes well with this post...
    "Sore or sorry..YOU choose!" :)

    ReplyDelete