Monday, October 29, 2012

Do not disturb.......

I need a do not disturb sign for my brain....

Ugh! It was a long week.
I only lost 1 pound this week and it's my fault.....
No guessing at the causes~ I ate clean, but my back hurt all week so I backed off the intensity of my workouts and Jeff and I had too many "get caught up" conversations, that included some really nice wine, while Sam was out of town.
Proof positive that food alone will not fix me any more than exercise alone will fix me!!

On top of all of that, suddenly I CAN"T SLEEP!
I can always sleep! Always!
But for the last 4 nights, my internal clock has decided 2:15 is my time to wake up. Seriously? I'm a woman who has woken up (without an alarm clock) at 4:10 for the last 5 years.
Is it a sign?
Is my subconscious trying to tell me that I need an earlier class?
24 hour Goals in Motion??
LOL!!

So, what in the world do people do when they can't sleep??
I don't watch TV- it bums me out
I'd love to read- It's cold now & I don't want to get out of bed and I don't want to bother Jeff
I could write- See above

So, I lay there, in the dark.... writing in my head (be glad I don't turn on the light and actually write that stuff down) and thinking about the boys and marriage and money and the business.
Last night I was thinking about how busy we've all become and how most of us don't take the time to really talk or play games or write letters.
I got a handwritten card in the mail last week! It was soooooo nice!!
And just today, I had someone email to ask if they could come in and talk to me about Goals. We had a really nice conversation- so much better than we could have managed via email.

I've decided that maybe my problem is that my brain is busy.... too busy. Frequently, I'm on the computer long after the others have gone to bed and I'm working until I start to nod off.

So, in keeping with my 2 week tradition of trying something new each week (1-blogging, 2-"me time"), I've decided to plan bedtime. Yes, I'm planning bedtime!! I kind of feel like a kid!!!
And, because I can't seem to choose what to file away in my brain each night, I'm going to give myself time away from my "busy-ness" before bed. Tonight bedtime is scheduled for 11... Maybe I'll see if the guys want to play a game of cards or I'll start the book that's been gathering dust next to my bed......

Lights out.....

No comments:

Post a Comment