Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OK....so I learned my lesson.

I woke up this morning with back pain so amazing that I had to think to take a step.
I know exactly when it happened- it was in the middle of my second kickboxing class and we were down on the floor doing rowboats. I felt the twinge on the way up and the pop on the way down. Of course at the time, I thought nothing of it, just another "thing" I was going to have to get used to.... I am getting older, right??

Not so much.
Ice, Advil and a day with no workout seems to have me headed in the right direction. I hate that my body doesn't want to keep up with my brain. It loosened up as I jogged a short way with a couple of challengers and it held up during my own testing  when I did sit-ups with the group.

My testing is complete, except for the mile~ I'll take care of that tomorrow.

My weight goal is 145 and it's certainly going to take some tightening up but it's doable.
My body comp goal is to drop 5%.
I reached 19.5", so that has plenty of room for improvement
I managed 63 sit-ups in a minute- my goal is 80
I modified my push ups because I'm still doing PT on my right hand, but I got through 73. Not sure what the goal is except to get my hand & wrist back in working condition so I can get back up on my toes.

After make-up testing tonight, we sat in a big circle and talked about food.
Eat clean...carbs and protein and good fats.
Water, water, water!!
If you have a habit, work out of it. A can of soda today, becomes a half next week and then becomes a special occasion thing. Same with pizza, lattes, pasta and chocolate.

But what I tried to get across, to this challenge group, is that you have to live. You have to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and perfect weeks!! Celebrate them with a treat (not a cheat and certainly not every day). Eat right all day/week long so you're not starving at any time. When you reach your treat time...plan for it and then ENJOY it.

It's much easier to make long-lasting lifestyle changes if you commit to eat right, workout as hard as you can and treat once in a while!

Heck who knows what will fall apart next?? I'm getting old, (not really but I'm sure it made someone feel good), so I have to take care of my body with good clean food, proper ratios and exercise. Lots of water and a treat now and then!!

Put your eating house in order so if you have a day when your body fails you, you have backup plan in the fridge!

Good night!
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Great group of challengers testing in last night, with some impressive mile run times in that wind. Nice work on your own test-in numbers!! See you at workouts this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete